Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brain old...learning hard.

Have reached a plateau in my French learning...can barely form a complete sentence in either language without some odd and awkward intrusion of a word or five of the other official language.

It hurts, too - parce que mon cerveau est en ébullition, I guess. I assume this is a side effect of the formation of new synapses...or possibly just un signe de l'implosion imminente. :)

Every now and then it seems that progress is being made and then my poor brain sets its heels in and devient très têtu. Il ne sera pas absorber any additional information, nor permettez-moi d'accéder anything I've worked so hard to learn. Mauvaise brain. Bad cerveau.

Hey! Wait a minute - it DID absorb something new today - our french teacher taught us the "mon cerveau est en ébullition" bit today! Hooray! Now....puis-je me souviens how to log off? :)

No comments: