Sunday, July 11, 2010

Button, button...


My brother made these buttons from some wood he saved from an old maple tree from our parent's backyard.
I loved that tree and used to climb it when I was a kid. It was cut down while I was living in Toronto... I still remember the sense of shock when I was told it had been taken down. However, Mum saved a couple of logs for me (I still have them).
I'll be using the larger buttons (the ones that look like cookies) with the knitting beneath them (which will eventually be an Audrey Swing Coat). The wool is Cascade Magnum. I'm just waiting for the rest to arrive at Wabi Sabi before I can finish it. Should be soon! :)
(Addendum: Yeah! More Magnum finally arrived! Boo! Now I've found a cable pattern I want to include in the coat so I have to frog the whole ^&#% thing and start again! Gnaarrrr...)

No comments: